Considering Chapter 13 Bankruptcy in Texas?
Call a Qualified Beaumont Bankruptcy Attorney!
If you are behind on your mortgage, car note, child support, or taxes, you may be able to obtain debt relief through Chapter 13 bankruptcy. Chapter 13 bankruptcy may protect you from:
- Stop foreclosure of your home
- Stop repossession of your car or truck
- Stop harassing phone calls and letters
- Stop garnishment of your wages
- Stop penalties and interest on IRS debt
- Stop lawsuits against you
Chapter 13 is designed to help you keep your things.
What Are the Benefits of Filing for Chapter 13 Bankruptcy?
Many times people need to catch up on their home mortgage or their car note. Chapter 13 bankruptcy may allow you to restructure this debt and pay it over time at a rate you can afford. Interest rates may be reduced and the amount required to satisfy the debt may also be reduced. As with a Chapter 7 bankruptcy, unsecured debt that you cannot afford may be discharged. With a combination of these and other factors, Chapter 13 bankruptcy may allow you to afford to keep your things. If you need to catch up on a mortgage, or if you are behind on your car note, child support, or taxes, call Packard & Packard, PLLC. We will explore whether a Chapter 13 bankruptcy is best for you. If it is, we are ready to help you through the process.
To be eligible to file for Chapter 13 bankruptcy in Texas:
- Your unsecured debts owed cannot exceed $394.725 (periodically adjusted);
- Your secured debts owed cannot exceed $1,184,200 (periodically adjusted); and
- You must have regular income and be able to make regular payments through a monthly payment plan (after factoring in living expenses).
If you decide that Chapter 13 bankruptcy is right for you, here's what we'll do for you:
- We will prepare and file all the necessary paperwork for your case.
- We will also work with you to obtain other necessary documentation in preparation for your meeting of the creditors.
- We will represent you before the trustee and the court and work toward having your bankruptcy plan confirmed by the court.
- We will monitor your case for the remainder of the plan and help and guide you through any problems or issues that arise.
Your first consultation is free, allowing you to discuss your situation and explore your options with us.
Beaumont, TX Bankruptcy Lawyers Protecting Your Rights and Interests
Throughout our legal careers, we have worked hard to deliver high-quality legal representation that is professional, timely, and affordable. Should you choose to retain our services, we will work hard to protect your rights, explain your legal options, and help you navigate the bankruptcy process from start to finish.
You may feel peace of mind knowing that your bankruptcy case is in good and caring hands. Our friendly attorneys will take time to visit with you personally and discuss your options, answer questions, and make a plan for you to get back on your feet. We are here to help you and your family move past this difficult time.
For more information on how we can help you with your Chapter 13 bankruptcy case, please contact us today.